UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Saving output of processed real time video

Hello, I am able to run HLS based sobel edge detector IP core on my ZC702 board. Now I want to save the edge detected output for further analysis say for finding how accurately the edge detector is working. My input is now not from camera but I am using HDMI pass through implementation. What are the possible techniques to save the processed frames for further offline analysis of result. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: Saving output of processed real time video

The standard approach would be to use something like the AXI Stream Broadcaster to get a second copy of your data stream, and feed that copy to an AXI VDMA block. The VDMA block can write that to the PS DDR RAM, and from there you can have the CPU write it to the SD card or a USB drive.

I suspect that you won't be able to do the whole process in real-time, at least for large-ish (eg. 1920x1080) frames - you won't be able to put data onto the SD card that fast. However, you can have it write maybe 50 frames to RAM (easy to do in real-time), then stop the stream and write the stored data to the SD card.

Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. Can you suggest any example small design which is doing this process.

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi @nidhipanda15

Would you use video capture card on Win PC ?

It is easy way to record real time video signal.

Best regards,

0 Kudos