UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

VHDL Code of SPI to interface with TI DAC8775

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone!

I need to access DAC8775 which is from Texas Instrument, This DAC accepts data through SPI protocol,  and resolution is of 16 bits, There are certain number of registers present in DAC which I need to configure by sending data using SPI protocol,  I need vhdl code which can establish connection between FPGA and DAC8775.

Is anyone having SPI VHDL code which can interface the DAC?

Timing Diagram for DAC is given in the pdf file attached here with.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: VHDL Code of SPI to interface with TI DAC8775

Jump to solution
Hello,

You just verify your SPI protocol whether your dac is accepting data at rising_edge or falling edge asper the timing diagram. If possible try to verify by enabling only the reference out of the dac.

--if it is useful please accept it as a solution

Best Regards,
--Ashok
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@siddh4nt

I have provided a PicoBlaze reference design that can access an SPI Flash device. Note that's PicoBlaze rather than MicroBlaze so its a 'microcontroller' design popular with hardware engineers more than 'software' if you see what I mean. It also means that it implements the SPI Master signalling and the slave protocol in less than 30 Slices. I hope you find it a useful reference to adapt to your requirements.

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/picoblaze.html

See 'design Files' tab and download the 'KCPSM6' package. In the zip file you will find a 'Reference Designs' folder and your initial interest will be the design in the 'SPI' folder.

Ken Chapman
Principal Engineer, Xilinx UK
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Hello,

You just verify your SPI protocol whether your dac is accepting data at rising_edge or falling edge asper the timing diagram. If possible try to verify by enabling only the reference out of the dac.

--if it is useful please accept it as a solution

Best Regards,
--Ashok