UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer klafond
Observer

XADC with DDR3

I need to instantiate an XADC module external to my DDR3 MIG. I have disabled the XADC in the MIG, and now have the device_tempi[11:0] input port on my MIG module. I understand that I need to map the 12 low order temp bits to the MIG. However, in addition to the temperature, I also want to monitor VCCINT, VCCAUX, and VCCBRAM. I am planning to map these voltages and temp to corresponding individual registers. I am assuming that I can use the channel_out[4:0] to indicate which measurement is currently on the data out pins do_out[15:0] so I can map the voltages and temp to the correct corresponding register. However, I do not see any documentation that maps the channel_out[4:0] bits to the measurement data.  

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: XADC with DDR3

Two things:

The result on temp_out bus is the 12 MSBs of the 16 bit temperature result.

Nothing appears on the DOUT bus unless you ask for it!
You can look at the XADC user guide to see the channel out mapping.
You'll need to monitor the channel out and wait for the EOC signal to trigger a read over the DRP
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer klafond
Observer

Thanks for your reply, but I do not have a "temp_out" bus from the XADC. I don't see an option for this in the XADC wizard. I have a do_out[15:0] and assume bits 1:0 need to be connected to the MIG7 "device_temp_I[11:0]. I have attached a snippet showing the XADC and MIG that I want to connect. However, I also want to monitor all the FPGA supply voltages (VCCINT, VCCAUX, VCCBRAM).

I am using the automatic channel sequencer mode. I am assuming that the "channel_out[4:0]" from the XADC indicates what voltage or temp measurement is present on do_out[15:0], but if so, where is this documented. How do I determine what data is currently present on the do_out[15:0] bus during automatic sequencing?

Are the supply voltages measurements only available from the status registers, or do they also appear on the do_out bus during the automatic sequencing?

Thanks for your help.

Kerry

XADC_and_MIG.PNG
0 Kudos

You need to enable the TEMP_OUT bus and connect it to the MIG core. 

you can read the other results over the AXI4Lite interface. 

temp_out.JPG

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos