cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

XC7K410T Package Markings

I am looking to an issue and have noticed that the boards with the issue have different markings to the FPGAs used originally. Please can someone tell what the difference is:

XC7K410T
FFG900ABX2001

XC7K410T
FFG900ACX1425

The thermal packaging of the two devices looks different as well.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: XC7K410T Package Markings

@chris_i_jones 

1. Have you bought these parts from an authorized distributor? If so, you will be guaranteed of the authenticity of the parts. 
  2. Part Marking from Page#329 of UG475 v1.18

k7_marking.JPG

The red highlighted part in your post is the date code.

Take a look at this AR:  https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67513.html  regarding the 2D bar code

The thermal packaging of the two devices looks different as well.

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted

Thanks Giri,

Yes, they are legitimate Xilinx parts. I don't suppose you know the significance of the C or B in particular? (I have requested access to the 2D barcode scanner but am told it will take a couple of days).

Please find an image of each of the devices I am looking into.Mezzanine FPGA (B).jpgMezzanine FPGA (C).jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Chris,

Why do you need to know the significance of the date code? It is what it is a time stamp. It should make no difference to a user at all in regards to device functionality or quality. 2D bar code scans are done instantly especially with the Xilinx app so I am not sure who is telling you it'll take a few days to get that to work. Just make sure to take/use a clear picture of the top of the device with no glare. 

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos