UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor itaysa1
Visitor

XC7Z030-2SBG485I: pre-burning dual QSPI

Hi team,

I am using XC7Z030-2SBG485I with a dual QSPI (S25FL256SAGBHI200).

I wish to pre-burn the QSPI units prior to mounting them on-board (for effective production process).

Is there an option for:

1. creating a boot.bin file which would be dedicated to each one of the dual QSPI units separately?

2. creating any image that could be used for pre-burning each of the QSPI units separately?

3. any other way to pre-burn the dual QSPI units prior to mounting them on-board?

thanks,

itaysa1 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: XC7Z030-2SBG485I: pre-burning dual QSPI

Hi @itaysa1

Welcome to the Xilinx Forum!

In principle, you can use the Xilinx Vivado software to create the .bin file. The .bin file can then be written to the flash part. The flash part can then be (carefully) soldered to the board. When the board is powered-up then the FPGA will configure itself using the .bin file found in the flash.

Vendors that sell flash parts (eg. Digikey, Avnet) offer “programming services”. That is, you can send them the .bin file and they will send you a ready-programmed flash part.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Visitor itaysa1
Visitor

hi Mark,

thanks for your quick reply...

I am using a dual-parallel QSPI configuration (two flash QSPI units operating in parallel, with the same ZYNQ - on a different address).

Programming one boot.bin file will end burning different images on each of the two QSPI units.

I wish to burn the image of each of the two on a separate production line and mount them together on the PCB.

is it possible?

BR,

Itay   

0 Kudos

Itay,

I am using a dual-parallel QSPI configuration..

I assume you are referring to the (Dual SS 8-bit Parallel I/O) shown in chapter 12 of UG585. I apologize for not having the experience to properly answer your question. However, perhaps you will find an answer from the following sites.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52512.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52538.html

Good luck!

Mark

0 Kudos