UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading xcs05

dear all:

i have pcb that has xcs05 xilinx fpga,it is destroyed and need to replace,please help me how can i read program in ok pcb and then write to new one chip or not need to read and replacing this chip is enough.and which software can read this chip and program another xcs05?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: reading xcs05

Hi xilinx2000-@reza ,

This user from this forum had a similar question of retrieving a bit file from a Spartan 3 through JTAG. Check it out and see if it can help.

Cheers

Cheers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
0 Kudos

thank you so much for reply,sorry i don't underestand.as i post question is  in one pcb(hmi motherboard) the xcs05 destroyed and i want replace it with new one .now i want know the inside of this chip have program or no?Replacing the chip  itself is enough or must be reprogrammed?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I believe you are asking whether if replacing the damaged FPGA on your PCB will allow result in a working system. In that case, it depends on your configuration method. How is the FPGA being configured?

Cheers
0 Kudos

thank you for reply,i don't know how configured but the pcb have hd64f7044 chip behind xcs05.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Considering this FPGA is does not contain any configuration memory within the chip itself, your system should be restored if you replace the FPGA with an undamaged identical part. However, before taking these steps, you should determine the configuration method and verify the configuration memory source is undamaged. The FPGA can either actively read its configuration data from an external serial PROM (Master Serial mode), or the configuration data can be written into the FPGA from an external device (Slave Serial mode).

Cheers
0 Kudos

thank you so much gabet,so as you mention i can replace it without programming the chip and i can replace with new one.

0 Kudos