UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor a06014625
Visitor

warming: Bus 'data_q(15:0)' is connected to too many source pins and/or I/O markers

Jump to solution

I'm new of fpga. What I'm doing is use the 'ram16x8s' memory for expansion. But i meet a problem when I use the check schematic and get the warning "Start DRC ...
WARNING:DesignEntry:220 - ram_64x16.sch Bus 'data_q(15:0)' is connected to too many source pins and/or I/O markers.
A total of 0 error(s) and 1 warning(s) were detected" 

What's the problem of my bus signal'data_q(15:0)'?

Thanks!

1.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: warming: Bus 'data_q(15:0)' is connected to too many source pins and/or I/O markers

Jump to solution

The rams you have have outputs  , always enabled

which you have joined together,

QED , each output bit has two drivers, and as such is an error.

you need to use an address bit to select which of the two rams to output at any one time.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: warming: Bus 'data_q(15:0)' is connected to too many source pins and/or I/O markers

Jump to solution

The rams you have have outputs  , always enabled

which you have joined together,

QED , each output bit has two drivers, and as such is an error.

you need to use an address bit to select which of the two rams to output at any one time.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Visitor a06014625
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you!
Have a nice day.

0 Kudos