UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

zc706 turns off after FPGA programming

Hi everybody,

I have a wired problem. I program Zynq FPGA on ZC706 and the board get turned off!!!

The implemented design is an 1-lane Aurora core and the SMA pins are looped back. 

Board is OK and only this design causes the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: zc706 turns off after FPGA programming

What is the estimated power?

Seems unlikely, but if the power draw is too great, the supplies shut down.  I have also seen the power vary at the natural frequency of the device/board PDN (usually around 33 KHz) where the resonance also trips the POR (look at the power rail for Vccint).

The above applies to all devices, all boards.

Re: zc706 turns off after FPGA programming

Farzian,

Can you isolate the event in some way? Is it right after programming or a little after it? What about on a cold vs warm boot? Does it reliably happen with soft or hard power cycle? Can you use the SYSMON to read out the junction temp via impact or Vivado??? You may want to run through the board debug AR for the ZC706 to make sure that the board is not compromised in any way. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54013.html

Regards,

Tezz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos