UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Kintex-7 FFG Vs FBG compatibility

Hi,

I found here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/43204.htm that:

Kintex-7 devices are pin compatible with other Kintex-7 devices in the same package. In addition, FBG and FFG packages of the same pin-count designator are pin compatible with a few notes.

Is there any documentation making the list of differences between FBG and FFG devices so that I can safely design my PCB to be compatible with both XC7K325T-3FBG676 and XC7K325T-3FFG676?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Newbie simon_dup

Re: Kintex-7 FFG Vs FBG compatibility

Hi, 

Please see page 23, in UG475(V1.6), and table 2-2 in UG483(V1.4)

Thanks

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can use ADEPT to show the pin difference side by side and then generate prohibit constraints for incompatible pins to a UCF. Check the post below for more details:

Make Part Compatible for 7 Series FPGAs

@yhubert wrote:

Hi,

I found here: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/43204.htm that:

Kintex-7 devices are pin compatible with other Kintex-7 devices in the same package. In addition, FBG and FFG packages of the same pin-count designator are pin compatible with a few notes.

Is there any documentation making the list of differences between FBG and FFG devices so that I can safely design my PCB to be compatible with both XC7K325T-3FBG676 and XC7K325T-3FFG676?

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, thx.

But what about others constraints like Memory controller maximum speed, thermal dissipation and other parameters I could not be aware of ?

0 Kudos
Observer jheison.mejia
Observer

Hi Yhubert,

You will find all this information in the UG475 (v1.6) "7 Series FPGAs. Packaging and Pinout Advance Specification"

Regards,

0 Kudos