UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Using ISERDES and OSERDES with LVDS

Hi,

I have 4 LVDS data lines (P and N) and LVDS clk line (P and N). It looks like this:

It is using LVDS-6 bit ie. 18 bit-RGB interface

LVDS0-P 

LVDS0-N 

LVDS1-P

LVDS1-N

LVDS2-P

LVDS2-N

LVDS3-P

LVDS3-N

LVDS-CLK-P

LVDS-CLK-N

Please confirm that I have my head right around ISERDES2 and OSERDES2. I will need to deserialize this data to 18 bits using ISERDES. I will probably muck around with the deserialized data (not sure what to do yet perhaps for a start blacken a section of the screen) then serialize it back to 4 LVDS data lines using OSERDES? Let me know if what i have in mind is correct. I am new to using SERDES. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Using ISERDES and OSERDES with LVDS

I've read through XAPP1017 and I've tried to use the reference design in my project. 

In my case, I set LVDS data input to 4 (D=4) and serdes factor to (S=6). This design yielded a serdes Q and D output of 20 bit [0:19]. How did this come about? I am not quite sure I understand the reference design. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos