UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ilona

Virtex-5 FPGA Soldering and washing

Hi everyone! I will be very grateful if you could help me with following issues!

1. Does somebody knows where can I find the exact material of the solder balls of the XC5VFX130T-1FF1738I? According to the description  that is an alloy of Pb/Sn but there is no percentage content on which the soldering regime depends.
  2. The issue of washing. According to the "Virtex-5QV FPGA Packaging and Pinout specification" chapter 7, surfactant washing is not recommended, removal of the flux is carried out with deionized water. After automated installation we used to wash BGAs in a jet washing machine using an alkaline aqueous solution Aquanox A4241 (24%) and Vigon A201 (18%). Solder paste INDIUM SMQ92H is used, for which these washing liquids are recommended. Is it possible to use these washing liquids to wash Xilinx BGAs in a jet washing machine, without the use of ultrasound?
  3. Could please someone clarify whether it is permissible to use ultrasound when washing BGA of Xilinx production? Ultrasound parameters in our equipment: frequency - 30-40 kHz, power - 1200/2400 W exposure time - 7 min, solution - Aquanox A4651US.

Thank you very much!

Best wishes, Ilona

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: Virtex-5 FPGA Soldering and washing

0 Kudos