UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer himanshu28
Observer

XADC configuration in SDK

I am using the following design for acquiring a sinusoidal signal of 50Hz and sample it at 1.6kHz. I am using event mode triggering for my conversion at this sampling rate . Now I want to know how can I write the c program in SDK where I have to configure the XADC and Processor. I have used a clkd code for converting 50 MHz clock into 1.6 kHz clock.

Please help me to write c program in SDK for XADC configuration.

Tags (3)
xadc11.JPG
xadc22.JPG
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: XADC configuration in SDK

Hi @himanshu28 

How can a program in SDK talk to the XADC? 

you need to set it up with it's AXI4Lite port enabled so that the processor can read back the conversion results 

there is a driver called sysmon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Observer himanshu28
Observer

Will my above design work to convert sine wave into digital outputs continuously? I have used DRP mode not AXI.

Do I require to export hardware to SDK and program it or directly launch the hardware manager and program it there.

Please tell me what to do after I have generated the bitstream file corresponding to the design.

0 Kudos

how is the software you are planning to write for the zynq processor going to interface with the ADC? It must be done of AXI. You need to change the IP so that the AXI4Lite interface is enabled. you can still run it the XADC in event mode.
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Observer himanshu28
Observer

Now where do I connect the eoc pin and how do I take the 16 bit output as there are no [15:0] pin on output side.

Please explain why DRP mode will not work for continuous conversion of data?

xadc33.JPG
0 Kudos