UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

DMA for PCI Express AER Support (Gen2 PCIe / Kintex 7)

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Participant
Accepted Solution

DMA for PCI Express AER Support (Gen2 PCIe / Kintex 7)

Does the DMA for PCI Express IP support PCIe Advanced Error Reporting (AER) for PCIe Gen 2 designs?

According to PG195, v3.1, pg 8, it indicates "AER (only PCIe 3.x core)". Does this mean a PCIe Gen 3 core? Or version 3.x of the Integrated Block for PCI Express?

I am assuming it means a PCIe Gen3 core. If this is the case it must be a design decision to not implement AER in the DMA IP since the 7 series Integrated Block for PCI Express does support AER.

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: DMA for PCI Express AER Support (Gen2 PCIe / Kintex 7)

Hi,

Yes this indicated the Gen3 IP and it is not supported for Gen2 and is supported only for Gen3.

I have done some testing locally with a KC705 when I opened the configuration wizard for that IP, I see AER is not enabled. If I do the same for VC709, I see AER enabled. So the PG is correct.

Kind regards,
Gareth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

Re: DMA for PCI Express AER Support (Gen2 PCIe / Kintex 7)

Hi,

Yes this indicated the Gen3 IP and it is not supported for Gen2 and is supported only for Gen3.

I have done some testing locally with a KC705 when I opened the configuration wizard for that IP, I see AER is not enabled. If I do the same for VC709, I see AER enabled. So the PG is correct.

Kind regards,
Gareth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.