UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie hagaysp

PCIe IP failing sim with repeating print stating failure in bus width auto detection

Hi.

I have Xilinx PCIe EP generated using the IP catalog. my design is working well, but once I integrate that piece of design to a subsystem (connecting it to other IPs and using the target's verification environment (maintained by a different team), I get a repeating pring coming from Xilinx protected code:

Error : BUS Width Auto Dection did not find 0x11 or 0x22 or 0x44 on dix[7:0] followed 0xBB on xil_pcie_3_1_mod155 instance *!*!*!....pcie3_ultrascale_2_i.inst.genblk1.pcie3_uscale_top_inst.pcie3_uscale_wrapper_inst.PCIE_3_1_inst.SIP_PCIE_3_1_INST.BUT.PROTECTED at time 1207000

with each print, the timestamp is increasing in 2nS. meaning 1207000 ... 1209000 ....

it seems like the error is somehow related to the FPGA programming interface which is not part of the PCIe EP RTL, or is at least not easily spotted.

would appreciate any debug assistance, ideas you might have. there are a lot of differences between my own small env/TB where the IP doesn't print that, and the subsystem env/TB where it does. I'm currently onion peeling the differences between the envs, but am not sure I can get to the same level of simulator switches, since the system level env is VERY complicated.

thanks.

Hagay

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: PCIe IP failing sim with repeating print stating failure in bus width auto detection

Hi @hagaysp 

Have you searched with the error message in the system level env to know what is triggering the error?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newbie hagaysp

Re: PCIe IP failing sim with repeating print stating failure in bus width auto detection

Hi.

The error is originating from the insides of the XILINX IP. I don't know what's directly causing it, but after I removed the Xprop hierarchy, the error stopped showing up. so it has something to do with Xprop.

0 Kudos