UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QDMA: How to manually configure master read/write burst size

Hi everyone,

I'm evaluating the QDMA performance between host memory and UltraRAM in FPGA. I enabled my simple QDMA design on the Alveo U250 which is very similar to QDMA example desgin provided by Xilinx.

My performance results show that Read throughput (FPGA -> Host) achieves around 100Gbps but Write throughput (Host -> FPGA) is around 80Gbps even if I changed parameter such as queue size and packet size (transfered data size).

I tried to identify the root cause of this bottleneck and found that AXI Burst Size is different between Read (FPGA -> Host) and Write (Host -> FPGA). Attached screenshots show the Burst Size differences monitored by ILA.

Read (FPGA -> Host)
ARLEN(m_axi_arlen[7:0]): 0x3F
ila_2.png

Write (Host -> FPGA)
AWLEN(m_axi_awlen[7:0]): 0x07
ila_1.png

I would like to know QDMA burst size is configurable or not and if it's configurable, how to change them. Please let me know if you have any information.

My environment.
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz
- MEM: 32 GByte
- PCIe: Gen3 x16
- FPGA: Alveo U250
- QDMA IP: 2018.3_AR72013
- URAM: 4 MByte
- Vivado: 2018.3
block_diagram.png

Tags (1)