Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Can't select 8.0 GT/s in the PCIe Gen3 Wizard

Jump to solution

I am attempting to create a simple Gen3 design on a Virtex 7 x690T device.   When i instantiate the wizard, however, i do not get the option for 8.0 GT/s in the Gen 3 Integrated Block for PCI Express Wizard v3.0.  The users guide (PG023) shows numerous screen shots where this is available.  I also cannot simultaneously select an AXI-ST Frequency of 250 MHz and AXI-ST Interface width of 256 bits.  They set the other one back every time i try.

What's going on here?!?

(i am using Vivado 2013.4)

PCIe Gen 3 Wizard.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Can't select 8.0 GT/s in the PCIe Gen3 Wizard

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I do not this this is a license problem.

Can yoiu check if you are trying -1 speed grade the 8.0G speed wont be shown as it will not work.

Check this below answer record.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56920.html

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Try the "Switch to Defaults" button in the top left corner. I noticed that there is a difference in the GUI layout when you choose to use the VC709 vs choosing NONE in the Xilinx Dev. Board option box (. However, I couldn't get the 8.0 GT/s radio button to dissappear on mine and I think I have the same setup on 2013.4 of Vivado, VC709, etc....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

No dice.  Changing to defaults did not bring it back.

Is there any chance that this is a licensing issue?  I am using a licenses that's device locked to the VC707 board (X485T).   I obviously plan on getting a license that supports the other devices, but i wanted to get a head start on the firmware development.

0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I do not this this is a license problem.

Can yoiu check if you are trying -1 speed grade the 8.0G speed wont be shown as it will not work.

Check this below answer record.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56920.html

Regards,

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

He has VC709 selected which appears to override the part number when I checked it on my Vivado 2013.4. I was unable to duplicate the missing 8 Gbps radio button, may be a problem with the code that generates the fields in the GUI. I noticed that you can play with the settings to change the radio buttons to drop down boxes and vise versa which is also peculiar behavior.

Have you tried un-selecting VC709 for the core just to troubleshoot the software? Try to create the project again from scratch?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Koti,

You were correct.  I had erroneously selected the -1 part instead of the -2 under Project Settings.   Since the IP wizard opens up before you have a chance to select the board (ie- VC709), it seems that once running, it cannot override the Project settings.  Once i made that change and re-generated the IP, the 8.0 Gb/s button immediatley appreared.

Thank you both for your help.

0 Kudos