cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xujialin1992
Contributor
Contributor

Can ultrascale change PCIe lane sequence?

Jump to solution

We are going to produce a board with FPGA RFSOC27DR,which has PCIe Interface. However because of the palcement of the PCB, the PCIe Lane has to been revesal form 0~7 to 7~0. I tried to change the PIN map but at last I found it falied. The bitstream is generated with PCIe lane in order,not reversal.

I used to change PCIe channel location in the IP XDC files when I used V7 FPGAs. But I can't found any channel location constrains in Ultrascale PCIe XDC files. The only constrain of PCIe is shown below. Does it mean Ultrascale FPGA cannot change the PCIe lane order?

# Add PCIe LOC Constraints Here
#
set_property LOC PCIE40E4_X0Y0 [get_cells pcie_4_0_pipe_inst/pcie_4_0_e4_inst]

If I can't change the order, will the  "Set "PL_DISABLE_LANE_REVERSAL" to FALSE" help?

I just want to ensure a RFSOC board PCIe lane can work normally with a lane 7~0 map to PCIe lane 0~7.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mmcnicho
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

For Ultrascale, check the lane reversal section of PG156 to ensure your design supports lane reversal.

If both the advertised and negotiated lane width are x8, I believe lane reversal is supported.

mmcnicho_0-1604006128044.png

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

1 Reply
mmcnicho
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

For Ultrascale, check the lane reversal section of PG156 to ensure your design supports lane reversal.

If both the advertised and negotiated lane width are x8, I believe lane reversal is supported.

mmcnicho_0-1604006128044.png

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post