cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drivers for Virtex-6

Hi,

In design when using Virtex - 6 (like in the ML605 eval board) and connected directly to the PCIe slot in the PC motherboard, is there any device driver sample or demo from xilinx for the PCI express driver, access to read/write registers or for memory read/write.

Actually wanted to create a loop-back test by configuring my Virtex-6 board as pci end point device (supporting x8 pcie interface) and my PC(windows-xp) as root complex for testing our design.

Kindly suggest me the suitable drivers for the purpose.(I saw some drivers for virtex-6 in Xapp1022, can they be used for designing such loop-back test application)

Thanks in advance ..

Arwinder Singh

0 Kudos
2 Replies
luisb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you describe why you're looking for a loopback design?  I don't see a benefit of a loopback design over the PIO example design; which is basically XAPP1022.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Sorry for replying so late  ..
Actually, I wanted to perform loop-back test in order to test a PCIe card designed in our company ... since one can perform read /write operations on the block ram of fpga using PIO design so i thought it could be used for the purpose...
Let me explain what i did in loopback test ..
 i) in first step data (1 DATAWORD) is written to a single memory location inside block ram of pcie end point device using write command provided with PLX drivers
ii) after giving a delay ,same memory location is read using read command provided with PLX drivers
iii) so if the dataword read from the location is found to be same as the data written to that location my test gets completed  

i am a newbie in this field kindly suggest me a better way of solving this issue , because next work assigned to me is to send a chunk of data from PCIe Card to PC through PCIe interface... can PIO design be used for sending internally generated data to PC ..

Thanks and Regards,
Arwinder Singh

0 Kudos