UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with BUFDS_GTE4 in Ultrascale+.

Jump to solution

Hi Xilinx Support Team,

My design include 3 PCIe IP like picture in below. I use XCKU11P-FFVA1156-1-e FPGA chip.

Capture.PNG

I use 1 BUFDS_GTE4 to driven clock for 3 PCIe IP blocks. I compile synthesis pass but compile implementation fails and I get this error:

[DRC REQP-1963] connects_too_many_BUFG_GT_SYNC_loads: The IBUFDS_GTE4 refclk_ibuf (ODIV2 pin) is driving more than one BUFG_GT_SYNC load, which is an unroutable situation. Optimization may not have been able to merge BUFG_GT_SYNC cells because of differing control pin connections.

Can you please help me fix this issue ?
Thank you so much.

Regards,
HoaVo
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Help with BUFDS_GTE4 in Ultrascale+.

Jump to solution

Hello @hoavo95_greystone 

I don't think your usecase is implementable on your device.
Please use a separate REFCLK pins.

Please see also PG213 Table 102
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie4_uscale_plus/v1_3/pg213-pcie4-ultrascale-plus.pdf
KU11P_PCIe.png

This table shows that your device has only 4 PCIE blocks. (Half of them are placed on different side of the device ). Perhaps you can use a single REFCLK pins for PCIe blocks on "X0Y3 and X0Y2", but you will need another REFCLK pin (+IBUFDS_GTE4) for "X1Y0 and X1Y1"

Hope this helps.

Thanks & regards
Leo

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @hoavo95_greystone 

I don't think your usecase is implementable on your device.
Please use a separate REFCLK pins.

Please see also PG213 Table 102
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie4_uscale_plus/v1_3/pg213-pcie4-ultrascale-plus.pdf
KU11P_PCIe.png

This table shows that your device has only 4 PCIE blocks. (Half of them are placed on different side of the device ). Perhaps you can use a single REFCLK pins for PCIe blocks on "X0Y3 and X0Y2", but you will need another REFCLK pin (+IBUFDS_GTE4) for "X1Y0 and X1Y1"

Hope this helps.

Thanks & regards
Leo

View solution in original post

Observer yuko.2828
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi

I am planning the same for my board.

Is this issue solved ? Is there any other workaound instead of using separated input clock pins ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @hoavo95_greystone 

If your question is already answered
Could you please kindly marked this thread as Solved ? , so other Forum user can learn from your experience.

Hello @yuko.2828 

No, This constraint is device limitation, there is no workaround for this.
BTW next time, Could you please post a new question rather than adding your question to
the other person thread. It may bring some confussion for other user reading this post.

Thanks
Leo

0 Kudos