UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dannylad27
Visitor

ILA with PCIe integrated block

Im trying to do a very simple block design where i connect the integrated block for PCIe to the ILA so that I can use the ILA to probe the completer request interface. I have a root complex on a processor that is sending information over PCIe, so to check if the data is being received properly, i want to use the ILA to confirm the information ont he CQ interface. In order to connect the ILA block to the PCIe block, does there need to be an intermediary block or can the 2 blocks just be connected as is.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: ILA with PCIe integrated block

@dannylad27,

Consider ILA as a software oscilloscope with flexibility.

You can connect ILA anywhere, the connections would be merely be like tap-out points.

The ILA connections are like oscilloscope probe connections and the oscilloscope screen is the ILA waveform viewer. 

In order to connect the ILA block to the PCIe block, does there need to be an intermediary block or can the 2 blocks just be connected as is.

So connect it as is!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advisor pedro_uno
Advisor

I think the IP cores for PCIe in Vivado write out HDL code to for everything down to the PCIe block itself. You should be able to drill down and instrument anything you want in there. As for how minimal a design you can use, I normally put an AXI BRAM controller in there and a block ram just to have something to access.
----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------

Have you received the required information you are looking for?

You can also use system ILA (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/system_ila/v1_0/pg261-system-ila.pdf) to connect to CQ interface and check the activitiy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos