Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Lost detection of PCIe core with spartan 6 FPGA

Jump to solution

My board is designed with PCIe hardcore of spartan 6 FPGA. And I edited the FPGA core based on the one generated by the core generator (V12.1).

After I did some change, the core seems get  unstable. Sometimes, the original detectable PCIe core will be undetectable ( by lspci in linux, or pci in dos).

There is one case that I tried a lot of times and the result is consistent. In the project, I named one out group pins as "io_lvLED_PCIe". The core can be detectable with "lspci" or "pci" command. But when I changed  the name to "io_lvPCIeLED" ( it is the only change, both in top file and ucf file), the core (can be successfully compiled) becomes undetectable.

And I compared these two situations, same warning messages and same resources are used. I didn't find any difference between them.

I am wondering whether there is any one has such experience. I appreciate if someone can give me any clue about it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Re: Lost detection of PCIe core with spartan 6 FPGA

Jump to solution

It is solved.

After connecting sys_reset_n in PCIe core to system reset signal, the core gets stable and can be always detected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Re: Lost detection of PCIe core with spartan 6 FPGA

Jump to solution

It is solved.

After connecting sys_reset_n in PCIe core to system reset signal, the core gets stable and can be always detected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos