UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

PCIe DMA test bench combined with JESD204B IP integrator core

Jump to solution

I have a design where the two main components are the PCIe DMA core and the JESD204B core designed with IP integrator. In order to test the design I am trying to leverage the PCIe DMA test bench. I have only been able to successfully generate the PCIe DMA core example design in Vivado 2016.4. My problem is that I have designed the JESD204B IP integrator design in Vivado 2017.4 and it does not appear to be backward compatible to Vivado 2016.4. I also get a lot of errors when I try to convert the PCIe DMA core example design to Vivado 2017.4. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get both cores into a common design in some version of Vivado. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PCIe DMA test bench combined with JESD204B IP integrator core

Jump to solution

This was my issue. Once I generated the core with Vivado 2017.4 I was able to generate an example design and the test bench for the PCIe DMA core and I am able to add the JESD204B block design. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @deepwavebill,

A couple of items / questions:

For 2017.4, did you regenerate the IP, then regenerate the Example Design?   The example design code is locked to a specific version, it does not inherently regenerate if you upgrade the design.  I would recommend this path if it isn't what you are doing.

The 2017.4 version of XDMA example design should work fine, and had quite a bit of testing behind it.  If you try the above, and are still getting errors, can you please provide the XCI and errors you are getting?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

This was my issue. Once I generated the core with Vivado 2017.4 I was able to generate an example design and the test bench for the PCIe DMA core and I am able to add the JESD204B block design. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post