UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

PCIe v3.3 (Kintex) to PCIe v4.4 (Ultracscale) conversion

I'm trying to convert a Kintex Integrated Block PCIe v3.3 to a Ultrascale PCIev4.4 design.

The v3.3 only has 2 axi4 interface bus (m_axi and s_axi) but the v4.4 has 4 axi interface bus (m_axi_cq, s_axi_cc, m_axis_rc and s_axi_rq).

The PG156 is a little bit confusing using completer request and requester request and similar term which sounds very confusing and almost the same.

nI my case which are the two out of the four corresponding interface is the correct one to use if I need to match my original  Integrated Block PCIe v3.3 design

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PCIe v3.3 (Kintex) to PCIe v4.4 (Ultracscale) conversion

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos

Hello @tchin123,

We talk about 7-series to UltraScale IP Migration in PG156 starting on page 276: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/pcie3_ultrascale/v4_4/pg156-ultrascale-pcie-gen3.pdf#page=276

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Cory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

The migration section of PG156 does cover most  of the differences on the AXI bus.

It is a little bit confusing thought, hopefully someone could clarify.

7-series PCIe only has two bus, a master and slave axi bus where both the master and slave can initiate a write and read request. Also both the Master and slave bus can return a comnpletion packet.

Whereas the ultascale now has 4 axi bus, what I want to clarify is that, are the CQ and RQ is task with initiating r/w request.

What is confusing is the terminolgy usage of the Master and Slave. Seem .like in the Ultrascale, Master AXI-bus is refer to transmit and Slave AXI-bus refer to receiver whwereas in the 7-series, Master is refer to Link AXI-bus and Slave is refer to as the User side, is the correct?

0 Kudos