cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCie Dsport not recoginze the bus master enabled Memory Read

HI xilinx Support,

I used the Spartan 3 PCIe EP core. In this i have initiated Memory Read from the PIO design. The Dsport is not recoginze the Memory Read command. I have done the configuration write to enable the Core for bus master enable. Can any one tell me what is the problem. Is it xilinx Dsport support the Bus master enabled command? I am not receiving any information from the dsport. I used the Mem address is 0.

Can any one give me comments.

THanks & regards,

Aathinarayanan.C

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: PCie Dsport not recoginze the bus master enabled Memory Read

Hi AA,

How can you tell the dsport doesn't recognize your non-posted request? Is it bouncing it back, or ignoring it? Do you see it going through to the trn_r* ports?

Have you applied patch AR#33918? It patches to dsport to make it a 'root'.

HTH,

-Pat

https://tuxengineering.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

i have same problem, it just response "unsupported request" @cpl (Completion
Status Code)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

a common reason a Completion with UR is sent is because of a BAR miss.  Have you verified that the address in your TLP is within a BAR's addressable range?

You can easily tell if you hit a BAR by looking at the TLP in ChipScope and verifying if the trn_rbar_hit_n asserts.

I've also seen BARs incorrectly configured when you constantly assert some of the cfg_* signals.  For instance, you don't want to tie  cfg_rd_wr_done_n low (asserted) forever.  Instead, you would want to tie this high(deasserted.)

0 Kudos