UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor zuoyu
Visitor

Problem about the driver of BMD example (xapp1052)

I set up the BMD demo and install the demo driver on windows xp. The demo application works well, and the performance is obtained.

But when the windows is restarted, the computer  fails to enter the windows, and the monitor is shut down.

After restarting the computer, and choosing "last good configuration", I enter the windows again.

Is there some problems with the example driver?

Thanks in advance!

Yu

Message Edited by zuoyu on 07-27-2009 12:59 AM
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem about the driver of BMD example (xapp1052)

I have seen many use the driver without problem. It could well be issue with the specific machine.

Have you tried in different machine? 

0 Kudos
Observer trothlis
Observer

Re: Problem about the driver of BMD example (xapp1052)

I saw a similar problem and it was related to a conflict with the NVidia video drivers.  I never resolved it but since we were moving on to a different driver anyway I never pursued it.  You could try disabling the NVidia drivers and using the built-in default video drivers in Windows.  Your display quality and performance may suffer but at least it will boot.
0 Kudos