UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Problem with errata related to XAPP1052

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am trying to implement a Bus Master DMA for my PCIe EndPoint module following the XAPP1052.pdf  file. I am using a ML605 board, and a PCIe EndPoint core v1.6., x4, 250 MHz.

I have followed the process steps and when implementing, the system returns an error that redirects me to AR39430. This AR leads me to AR39456, that suggest me to modify the code and the UCF file. I have already modified the code as explained, but I don't really know how to modify my UCF file in order to "force the MMCM to a pre-selected location" (I have been reading the document UG365.pdf as suggested but I have never done anything like this, so I am not pretty sure of how should I do it or what do I have to write on my UCF file).

If anyone could help me I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Alberto.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Problem with errata related to XAPP1052

Jump to solution

Thank you everybody,

I finally took the easiest way for me and I modified the EP PIO application in order to send 128-bytes words, so I didn't need to implement this DMA module. But I will consider your solutions in the future when needed.

Regards,

Alberto.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution
You can use PlanAhead to see all MMCM's location. Find the location and define it in UCF.
0 Kudos
Observer danbo.liang
Observer

Jump to solution

About position of MMCM, you can generate one IP, then reference the position of MMCM in its example

Note: the position of MMCM is related with GTX, and they should be put in same bank, you can see their position in FPGA editor or plan ahead

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thank you everybody,

I finally took the easiest way for me and I modified the EP PIO application in order to send 128-bytes words, so I didn't need to implement this DMA module. But I will consider your solutions in the future when needed.

Regards,

Alberto.

0 Kudos