cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Spartan 6 PCIe help

Hello members,

I start to get my hands on Xilinx (still from Altera).  I have a Spartan 6 Connectivity Kit with PCIe.  I get it works fines with USB, UART and runs program to read/write memory.  But when I install PCIe into my computer, I followed the instruction steps, but no luck to get the board to run.  I'm really want to get the advantage of PCIe with dma transfter...

Is there sgdma in Xilinx????  On Altera, I'm very familiar with DMA and SGDMA ...

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

We do have a SGDMA, but you'll have to use the PCI Express Memory Mapped brigde with the Central DMA IP within EDK.  Just because it's using EDK, doesn't mean that you need MicroBlaze.  You can simply have the following IP in EDK and it should be able to work:

PCIe Memory Mapped Bridge http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ipembedprocess_peripheralpci_axi-pcie.htm

Central DMA http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ipembedprocess_memoryinterface_axi_central_dma.htm

AXI interconnect

DDR3

and maybe some BRAM

It's simply enough to configure the Cental DMA core to be in SG mode.

Hope this helps...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

I start to get my hands on Xilinx (still from Altera).  I have a Spartan 6 Connectivity Kit with PCIe.  I get it works fines with USB, UART and runs program to read/write memory.  But when I install PCIe into my computer, I followed the instruction steps, but no luck to get the board to run.  I'm really want to get the advantage of PCIe with dma transfter...

Is there sgdma in Xilinx????  On Altera, I'm very familiar with DMA and SGDMA ...

i had not tried with SGDMA till now....

Probably if you have SP605 you can try with this App.

There is ready reference design available from Xilinx to test the PCIe Demo Performance results with DMA.

0 Kudos