Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

XDMA Tandem PCIe Example App won't build on Alveo U200

Jump to solution

I originally asked this question the Alveo card forum, but was directed to this forum by @mcertosi .

I'm attempting to get a very basic XDMA image build for the Alveo u200 card, with tandem PCIe functionality enabled.  I'm using Vivado 2019.1, because when we tried the same thing with 2019.2 on the vcu118 dev card, tandem pcie was broken, and I was told that the bug was introduced in 2019.2, so I'm using 2019.1 as a workaround.

I built my XDMA IP from scratch, and used the u200 card as the target, then generated the example design, and was able to generate the "design_field_updates.tcl" script for doing the actual build.  I then executed the design_field_updates.tcl script and it gets stuck on a location issue:

ERROR: [DRC HDPR-6] Logic illegally placed: Cell 'sys_reset_n_ibuf/IBUFCTRL_INST' is placed at site 'IOB_X1Y307' which belongs to reconfigurable Pblock 'update_region'.  This cell is not part of the reconfigurable logic assigned to this Pblock, and should not be placed at this site.
ERROR: [DRC HDPR-6] Logic illegally placed: Cell 'sys_reset_n_ibuf/INBUF_INST' is placed at site 'IOB_X1Y307' which belongs to reconfigurable Pblock 'update_region'.  This cell is not part of the reconfigurable logic assigned to this Pblock, and should not be placed at this site.

Seems like the example design should "just work", am I doing something wrong?  If I'm not doing something wrong, what do I need to modify to get past this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XDMA Tandem PCIe Example App won't build on Alveo U200

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Because Alveo has a DDR bank shared in the configuration bank (Bank 65) - Tandem PCIe is not supported. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @jrwagz 

Are you using the XDMA example design that is provided with the IP? Can you send me the XDMA XCI file and I will try locally to see if I see the same issue.

Kind regards,
Gareth
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Because Alveo has a DDR bank shared in the configuration bank (Bank 65) - Tandem PCIe is not supported. 

View solution in original post