UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mohaimen_himu
Observer

ZC706 NVMe SSD "Received Master Abort" error

Hello all,

Would anyone please suggest me about the proper way of configuring the NVMe SSD controller in bare metal application. I am trying to execute nvme admin commands by using bare metal code. But I always find "Received Master Abort" error in PCIe status register. I am using ZC706 development board and axi memory mapped to PCIe block for accessing the SSD.

I am using the following project as reference:

http://www.fpgadeveloper.com/2016/04/zynq-pci-express-root-complex-design-in-vivado.html

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ZC706 NVMe SSD "Received Master Abort" error

Hi @mohaimen_himu

Can you indicate what commands you are using and when you see the Received Master Abort?

A Received Master Abort is usually seen when there is a Unsupported Request. There are various conditions that can cause an Unspported Request status. Can you check that the PCIe IP RP BAR_0 is configured, if this is not configured a UR will be seen. Ensure that the read request is not targeting an unsupported address.

Please review PG054 and PG055 for more details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards,
Gareth