UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer bchetwynd
Observer

ZC706 - PCIe XDMA Core and Clock Constraints

Hello.  There seems to be similar posts, but none seem to get to the crux of my issue.  For reference, I am using Vivado 2018.2 and the ZC706.  I started with the reference Zynq design and added a XDMA Core.  Here is my block diagram:

zynq.jpg

My current XDC file is:

# PCIe Reset
set_property IOSTANDARD LVCMOS15 [get_ports pcie_rst_n]
set_property PULLUP true [get_ports pcie_rst_n]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN AK23 [get_ports pcie_rst_n]

# PCIe Clock
set_property LOC IBUFDS_GTE2_X0Y7 [get_cells -match_style ucf */pcie_clk_buf]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN N8 [get_ports pcie_clk_p]
set_property PACKAGE_PIN N7 [get_ports pcie_clk_n]

# Clock Constraints
create_clock -period 10.000 -name pcie_clk_p -waveform {0.000 5.000} [get_ports pcie_clk_p]

I have tried many different permutations of constraints to get the design to build.  Here is my current messages:

error.jpg

Even if I take out the PACKAGE_PIN constraints and the LOC constraints, it complains about the I/O Standard being DEFAULT.  If I try to address that, it also complains.

In summary, I am just looking for the couple of XDC lines that will allow me to properly use the 100MHz PCIe clock in my design.

Thank you,

Brendon

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ZC706 - PCIe XDMA Core and Clock Constraints

@bchetwynd

Try by removing the constraint below.

set_property LOC IBUFDS_GTE2_X0Y7 [get_cells -match_style ucf */pcie_clk_buf]

Since you have the LOC constraint on pcie_clk_p/n, Vivado will automatically choose the correct location for pcie_clk_buf primitive in your design.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos