Observer
Observer

bridge pci to pcie

hi

I write for search help for my new project
I must change the interface of board from pci to pci espress
I use the xc6slx9 as device pci at 32bit 33mhz
I read about the xio2001 but I don't know well it
can you give me an alternative, does anyone know this chip? the xio I need configure it or it is a bridge plag and play?

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kotir
Scholar
Scholar

Hi,

I see a PCI express to PCI protocol translator from PLX also.

Are you looking for a soft core to be implemented in FPGA or external chip to be placed on board ?

For configuring the XIO2001, you need to check the datasheet/UG of the corrusponding chip.

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
mavergoos
Observer
Observer

I search the external chip
anyone know the other chip for build the bridge from pic to pcie

0 Kudos
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

Take a look at the PEX8112 from PLX (now Avago).  This is a simple one-lane PCIe to PCI reversible bridge.  It replaces the original PEX8111.  They also have a PEX8311 PCIe to local bus bridge that combines this function with a PCI to generic bus interface.  However if you already have PCI running in your Spartan-6 it's probably better to just use the PEX8112.  This will be pretty much transparent to the software as well.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos