Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

pcie and sdram problem

Jump to solution

Hi,all

I resently read the xapp1052 and it works well. 

My problem is how to add a SDRAM into the xapp1052 .Have anybody ever meet the same problem.

How to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Colin. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: pcie and sdram problem

Jump to solution

Hi Colin,

I was providing you some referances how the SDRAM controller is used with PCIe user application.

The xapp859 will give some suggetions.However there is no relation with xapp1052.

You have to have a SDRAM controller instantiated in xapp1052 top level and DMA,Userlogic should have datapath to read and write.

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi Colin,

Have a look at thebelow Xapp.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp859.pdf

This would help you to understand adding SDRAM controller to userapplication of PCIe.

Regards,m

Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

HI,KR

I have download the xapp859,But it is too complexed for me!

If I want to use the xapp1052,do I need to generate a FIFO(user the core generate)?and 

I have another problem,I think there are many difference between the 859 and 1052

For example .the DMA have many difference~!!

And,does Xilinx support the soft SOURCE CODE????I can't find it!!

Thanks in advance~ Sorry for my bad english.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi Colin,

I was providing you some referances how the SDRAM controller is used with PCIe user application.

The xapp859 will give some suggetions.However there is no relation with xapp1052.

You have to have a SDRAM controller instantiated in xapp1052 top level and DMA,Userlogic should have datapath to read and write.

Regards,

KR

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi KR,

Thank you for your reply,I have a SDRAM control instance,and the SDRAM CONTROL and SDRAM works well,

My problem is How to add this SDRAM control in the XAPP1052 ?I realy dont know how to make it...

Please help me.Thanks in advance~

Colin

0 Kudos