cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

JtagLoader with KCPSM6 failing to load program.

I am not able to use JtagLoader with KCPSM6 to load a program into the Spartan-6. I am using the Nexys3 board by Digilent with a USB cable connected to the program port and have no problem loading bit files using IMPACT. However, when I try JtagLoader it reports that the USB cable is not detected and exits (see error messages below.) 

Is it possible to use JtagLoader with the Nexys3 board?

Info:Connecting to cable (Usb Port - USB21).
Info:Checking cable driver.
Info: Source driver files not found.
Info:The Platform Cable USB is not detected. Please connect a cable.If a cable i
s connected, please disconnect
and reconnect to the usb port, follow the instructions in the 'Found New Hardwar
e Wizard', then retry
the Cable Setup operation.
Info:Cable connection failed.

Scan Chain failure or programming cable not found
- Are the cables and board plugged in and turned on?
- Do you have multiple boards or cables plugged into your pc?
- Use the -p option to use the Xilinx Parallel cable IV (default is USB)
*** A Failure was detected - Exiting ***
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The READ_ME_FIRST.txt file says:

"JTAG Loader does not work with Digilent 'plug in' and circuit

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Digilent alternative to the Xilinx Platform Cable USB Cable is not supported by JTAG Loader provided in this release. However, development was in progress to provide this support so please check to see if there has been a new release of this package containing an updated version or contact Xilinx to see if the new version is ready and can be provided to you."

I am in the same boat as you, so I hope there will indeed be a version soon with this support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks. I missed that in the READ_ME_FIRST file. Have you found any other way to load programs without rebuilding the entire project?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope. Wish I had though. Evidently you can make small changes to an existing file with the FPGA editor tool or with data2mem but I haven't really quite figured it out yet (haven't tried that hard though.)
0 Kudos