cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

ACP interface working, not HP though ¿cache issues?

Hi there once again,

Context: Zynq Zc702 w/ Petalinux 2015.2.

I'm trying to improve one of my designs, where I was using a BRAM to interface PL with PS. I want to substitute this interface with my custom IP to write directly to DDR through the HP interface.ddrwriter.JPG
I got my design working flawless through the ACP interface, after ticking the box in IPI "Tie off AxUser" and AWCACHE = "0010". But as soon as I change this interface to HP, every once in a while (like every 200MB transfered) a burst of 8 or 16 bytes is missing when read from ARM.
- Could this be due to cache issues?
- Is there any way to easily solve it within the OS?

I've found several posts talking about dma or iomap functions to flush the cache, but my Petalinux apparently does not include those libraries, and I'm too newbie to recompile the kernel (I've tried with no success). My C program uses mmap to read the samples written by PL.

Regards,
Leroy.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi again,

I'm still struggling with this. I would appreciate any advice about my previous post.

P.S.: Besides, I can't achieve higher rates than 4MB/s, which is too low for those interfaces..Anyway, I'd like to have a clean design first, at low data rate.

Thank you,
Regards.

0 Kudos