Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bader@gctnet.de
Adventurer
Adventurer

AXI BRAM Controller Problem

Jump to solution

When i first work with a ZEDBaord everything is fine but now I use the zcu102 Board, and I cannot change my BRAM-Interface anymore. Everything is gray out, and it is definitly wrong, as you can se inb the picture.

Validate design doesn't change anything, the BRAM controller stays fixes at 65536.

( on the left lower corner is the setting )

Can anyone tell me how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

ultrascale bram problem.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klasha
Adventurer
Adventurer

You likely have configured your Block Memory to use BRAM-Controller Interface mode.

This means that the BRAM will be configured like your BRAM Controller wants it (32/64/128-Bit Interface, memory size)

You can change the size of the addressable memory in the Address Editor - The size will be automatically configured once you validate your IP Integrator design.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bader@gctnet.de
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hmmm, no one knows anything about this ?

I have build a new project, and it's getting worse.

Now the size is 16384,

My BRAM is 65536 * 32. Everything compiles fine, only my software crashes, because of the missing memory.

Can anyone explain me how to correctly ( and where ) set these values ?

PS.: I am using a ZCU102 Eval-Baord

bram_problem.jpg
0 Kudos
klasha
Adventurer
Adventurer

You likely have configured your Block Memory to use BRAM-Controller Interface mode.

This means that the BRAM will be configured like your BRAM Controller wants it (32/64/128-Bit Interface, memory size)

You can change the size of the addressable memory in the Address Editor - The size will be automatically configured once you validate your IP Integrator design.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
bader@gctnet.de
Adventurer
Adventurer
You are right. The trick is to change the size in the address editor BEFORE validating the design.
Thanks
0 Kudos