cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

AXI GPIO core not giving output

Hi all,

I am trying to set the AXI GPIO driver in SDK such that i could get one as output and then i am making it off in order to generate the short pulse signal for other reset module to get activated which resets (generated reset and gt_reset) the aurora 8B/10B IP. But In ILA core i see that it always remains off (zero), in picture its "axi_gpio_0_gpio_io_0".

Foolwings are the code view:

int status_check = XGpio_Initialize(&aurora_rst_gen, AURORA_RESET_GT_RESET_GPIO);
XGpio_SetDataDirection(&aurora_rst_gen, 1, 0); //all outputs
XGpio_DiscreteWrite(&aurora_rst_gen, 1, 0x1); // aurora reset generator module activation pulse -'1'
aur_rst_gen_status = XGpio_DiscreteRead(&aurora_rst_gen,1);
//wait(0.000100); // some delay : 10 ns
wait(500);
//XGpio_DiscreteWrite(&aurora_rst_gen, 1, 0x0); //aurora reset generator module activation pulse -'0'
XGpio_DiscreteClear(&aurora_rst_gen, 1, 0x1);
 aur_rst_gen_status = XGpio_DiscreteRead(&aurora_rst_gen,1);
wait(500);

Many thanks in advance.

Your advices would be highly appriciated.

Tags (4)
10_09_ila_view_1.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mgdudhat 

To narrow down the cause, set the Value of Trigger setup to "Both", or set GPIO of the program to High and then leave it at High.
It may be good to check the IP settings, the connection on Block Design, or try the GPIO SDK Example Program.

Thank you
Don't forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@mgdudhat 

If already issue has resolved, Kudo, and Accept as Solution. If you have any questions, you can post them.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Katsuki,

i thank you for the reply. Actually now i am not working with that..but it worked me after that so i am closing this issue..but if i need again some help regarding the GPIO IP later then i will surely contact the forum..many thanks..