Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aimgmbh
Observer
Observer

AXI interconnect with 3 axi master burst slaves to 1 master hp port

I have followed constellation using the newest VIVADO 2014.1 release:
3 AXI Master Burst V2.0 Cores that are connected to 3 AXI-slave ports on an axi-interconnect (1.7). The AXI-master port from the interconnect goes to the AXI High performance port on the zynq system.

With that constellation i can write or read from 3 different interfaces over the high-performance-port to the zynq-ddr-memory.

With 2 instead of 3 AXI Master Burst cores (2 Slaves on the axi-interconnect , 1 master) it works fine.
All the time when i add the 3. slave port with my axi-master-burst-logic i realize in chipscope that i become no complition-complete(IPIF acknowledge signal) and the axi bus becomes no response (bready signal hangs).

Is it a problem with the AXI ID signals ? The axi master burst core offers no AXI ID signals and i connect the Slave IDs (AWID, ARID) to 0. I test it also with different values.

What do i must consider if i connect on axi-interconnect 3 or more slaves to 1 master ?

I hope somebody can help me.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
aimgmbh
Observer
Observer

Any known issues about connection more than 1 Xilinx IP Core "AXI-Master-Burst" over "AXI-Interconnect" to HP-Port ?

0 Kudos
mdr
Visitor
Visitor

I'm actually experiencing a similar problem. I have an AXI Interconnect with 3 masters. One master is a DMA core (NW Logic DMA Back-End), and two are AXI Datamover blocks. The slave interface on the Interconnect goes to a MIG7.

When I attach only two slaves interfaces, they seem to work fine. Once I add the 3rd master, the interconnect becomes a brick, and nothing gets through. Is this simply a bug in the core design itself?

0 Kudos
aimgmbh
Observer
Observer

I solved my problem by connecting my last "AXI-Master-Burst" instead of slave-port 3 on the axi-interconnect to slave-port 1 (and the MAster-Burst which was on slave-port to slave-port3). Until i change this all axi-interconnect members work fine.

I dont understand why because the AXI connections are for sure the same (check that in detail).

Maybe you can fix your problem in the same way. 

0 Kudos
mdr
Visitor
Visitor

So all you did was swap the connections to slave ports 1 and 3? No other changes?

Do all of your AXI-Master-Burst ports have the same width?

0 Kudos
aimgmbh
Observer
Observer

Yes. I think it was by me a timing problem. You should check your clocks on the different ports. If you have different clocks you should enable register slice and clock synchronisation.
0 Kudos
aimgmbh
Observer
Observer

My ports have all the same width. The only explanation for me is by changing the ports you will have a different timing.
0 Kudos