Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Bitstream and Zyboboard

Hi..

I have been trying to use the GPIOs in Vivado 2014.1

Since, the Zybo board is not mentioned in the supported boards while creating the project, i have mentioned the package.

I just want to read the switch value and print it in the console window in SDK.

I had made the model, added the required constraints in the xdc file, generated the bitstream and then exported it to SDK.

It worked fine. 

Next, i changed my design to read the status of the push button. Accordingly i changed the xdc file, generated the bitstream and    

exported to SDK. Now, after running the elf file, still the program is taking the values of switches and not the push buttons,

I have tried cleaning up the project in SDK, resetting the runs in Vivado and generating the bitstream. But, still the values are read    

from switches. What would be the problem??

Can anyone help me at the earliest??

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Looks like to hardware changes are not updated.

Can you try exporting modified hardware to a new workspace and see if that helps?

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

we tried that..

but even that is not working..

We also tried resetting the PS from the board..

Nothing worked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Interesting! .. Can you share the export hardware files for different hardwares and changes you did?

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Are you using the GPIOs on the PS section or instantiating an AXI GPIO in the PL section?

Check the example below:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51786.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

we are using axi gpios and mapping them outputs via xdc file

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

You can create your custom board definition in Vivado

Follow the steps below:

1. The files, you need, should be placed in the following location:

<Installation directory>\<Vivado Version>\data\boards\board_parts\<device family>\<Board Name>\<Board Version>

For Example:

C:\CAD\XILINX\Vivado\2014.2\data\boards\board_parts\zynq\ZYBO\1.0

C:\CAD\XILINX\Vivado\2014.2\data\boards\board_parts\artix7\ac701\1.0

In the <Board Version> folder, you must have the following file:

-        board_part.xml

The board_part.xml file contains the board info: part number, family of device, package, speed grade, definition of interfaces on the boards connected to the FPGA, etc.

2.. For Zynq board, you need to have the:

-        ps7.tcl

The ps7.tcl file (for Zynq) contains the initialization parameters.

If you have a DDRx component and want to have an easy MIG environment, have the:

-    mig.prj

The mig.prj (for non Zynq) is the MIG project file with the appropriate memory definitions.

At the end of the process, close the Vivado and reopen it to make sure you can find the new item in the board selection menu

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

so do you mean to say that my problem occurs since the zybo board is not in the list of boards??

0 Kudos