cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
platero
Visitor
Visitor

Building Open Source Linux from the linux-xlnx, hangs when booting.

Hello.

After extensive testing and google/(xilinx forum)/(microzed) searching, I decided to post this question here.

I'm trying to cross-compile the linux kernel (Open Source Linux from Xilinx) in an OpenSUSE computer and boot it in a MicroZed board. I downloaded the Vivado Web Pack and the linux kernel (what I think is "Open Source Linux") from the xilinx's linux-xlnx git repository. I build the kernel, and it generates the image. For this, I had to generate build the mkimage utility found in the "u-boot-xlnx" file that also comes in the repository, as outlined in the Xilinx's guide.

For the cross-compilation process, I use the cross-compilation toolchain that are available after installing Vivado and sourcing the settings64.sh file. I copy the uImage to an SD card. In this card, there are also the other booting files and images from the MicroZed SD image. That is, I use the same boot.bin, the ramdisk, etc., and I only replace the uImage that I just cross-compiled.

The kernel is able to boot, but it hangs. The output I get is showed in the attachment.

It simply hangs there, and no further action is performed. One reason may be that it is not decompressing the uImage properly because I might be using the wrong mkimage utility.

Any thoughts on what could it be and how to procceed?

Good day.

kernelBoot.png
0 Kudos
0 Replies