Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mergani
Visitor
Visitor

Custom uart IP test problem

Hi,

I made a design that consist 16 "uartlite-compatible custom uart IP" interrupts and 1 axi-gpio interrupt that connect to zynqMp through 2 axi-intc as below:
* [8 custom uart IP iqr] -> concat -> axi-intc1 -> zynqMp
* [8 custom uart IP iqr + 1 axi-gpio irq] -> concat -> axi-intc0 -> zynqMp

Loopback tests are executed among that uart channels to test hardware and board (so total 8 loopback lines).
921600, 460800, 230400, 115200, 57600, 38400, 19200 and 9600 baudrates are used.

Sometimes, randomly, test failed. Failure occurs randomly, independent of baud rate and loopback channel. For example uart7 and uart8 channels' irq signals are connected to axi-intc0. You can see both failure and success of this channel in below pictures. I can not figure out the problem. Can axi-intc drivers can cause this problem?

uart7 - uart8 test faileduart7 - uart8 test faileduart7 - uart8 test passeduart7 - uart8 test passed

In my previous post, I mentioned some of this design. I succeded to run axi-gpio irq by writing its registers but still linux drivers does not work properly, I think.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/UIO-Interrupt-through-EMIO-under-Petalinux/m-p/1179532#M47111XXXXXXXXX

--------

Tools I used:

Vivado : 2019.2

Vitis: 2019.2

Petalinux: 2019

VirtualBox 6.1 on Wisdows10 Host

---------

Thanks,

mergani

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
abhinayp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mergani 

There is a known issue in the axi intc driver and a patch is going to be available soon. Testing is under progress and the update will be included in the future versions.

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos