Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raj@1994
Visitor
Visitor

Displaying stored image in BRAM through VGA using Zybo

Jump to solution

Hi,

I stored image in BRAM in the form of .coe file and i can able to access the data successfully. Now i need to display the same image through VGA using zybo board. How can i make PS PL communication by c code ?  I have used attached block for BRAM access. 

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zhiq
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi raj@1994

From the block design you post, it seems great. The only thing you need to check is the vga_driver is satisfied the timing vga spec required.

It's more effective to simulate it or you can direnctly try it on the hardware.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
zhiq
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi raj@1994

According to the block design you post, the BRAM has connected to the PS by AXI bus, so the PS can directly access the BRAM in the PL by C code(Xil_Out32 and Xil_In32), the base address and length can be set in the "Address Editor"

For VGA display, where do you want to add the vga display function, PS or PL? I think it's better to add this function in the PL.(As I know, on the ZYBO the vga port are connected to PL). If so, it's better to design a channel which the VGA display module can directly read the image bram in the PL, without through PS. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
raj@1994
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggested i have added vga ip in PL side without using PS. I have attached block diagram ,VGA IP code as well as coe file stored in BRAM. could you plz verify the below design ?

vga.PNG
0 Kudos
zhiq
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi raj@1994

From the block design you post, it seems great. The only thing you need to check is the vga_driver is satisfied the timing vga spec required.

It's more effective to simulate it or you can direnctly try it on the hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi raj@1994

You pay attention followings and must be followed VESA video timing.

- Clock frequency

- Polarity of HSYNC and VSYNC

Best regards,

0 Kudos
raj@1994
Visitor
Visitor

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to display the image in VGA without using PS.

0 Kudos
Cuong_MJA

Please tell me how to display image. thanks

0 Kudos