Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

EMC excess external pin assignment

Hi,

We are developing a microblaze base system for which we want to use LogiCORE IP AXI External Memory Controller v1.03a to access MAXIM DS1553 NV RAM present on our custom board. NV RAM has WE, CE, OE, ADDR[12:0], DATA[7:0] and INTR pins. However, emc has huge list of EXternal Memory Interface Signal. So, we wanted to know that will it be fine to keep extra ports open which are not required to map MAXIM DS1553 NV RAM? Or we have to make our own memory controller. Also, we wanted to know, if this emc is specific to some evaluation board?

Thanks,

Parmeet

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: EMC excess external pin assignment

The EMC is not specific to any evaluation board.

For instructions on how to connect your memory part to the controller, you can refer to page 21 of the AXI EMC datasheet
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_emc/v1_03_a/ds762_axi_emc.pdf
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks you for your reply.

May I get some information on my first question “we wanted to know that will it be fine to keep extra ports open which are not required to map MAXIM DS1553 NV RAM?” Like on page 23, for IS61LVPS25636A Async SRAM parts, some of the ports are left unconnected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
Moving to Embedded Processor System Design board.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I am sorry, I could understand your reply.

Although its seems from the datasheet that it will be fine to keep unsed ports open.

0 Kudos