cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbranson
Observer
Observer

Ethernet IP Core, When does it expire?

I know the IP cores you don't purchase are supposed to expire.  But the question is, when does it expire?

I have been working with an IP core for a few months (recompiling it practically daily) and the core hasn't expired.  What determines when it expires?  Is it length of time since the BIT file has been created?  How long since it was programmed onto the hardware?  Or something else?

I'm currently having problems with the Ethernet connectivity and was wondering if the core has expired but I don't know how to determine if this is the case.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
gtze
Explorer
Explorer

Hello.....

I don't think that your connectivity problems are caused by this.
I 've used this core once and as I remember if you don't have a license, the core will stop working some hours after the downloading of the bitfile.
So, if I remember correctly, every time you download your bitfile the core must work fine but a few hours later it will stop working.....
Also, I think that you can download the bitfile as many times as you want.

Hope that helps.....

p.s. I 'm referring to EDK versions up to 9.1. I don't know if this had changed to 9.2

George

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
cbranson,
Can you help me about sending and receiving ethernet frames with EDK/Spartan 3E from and to a PC Linux please ?
(see my post on the forum in "embedded processing").
Thank  you.

0 Kudos
Chadn_na
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Once the bit file is downloaded onto the board, the core will stop working after approximately 8 hours.  You can re-download the bitfile and it will work for another 8 hours.  The expiration is based on the time it was programmed onto the hardware.
0 Kudos