cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

FreeRTOS program works fine when started with Xilinx SDK 2017.2 but not with FSBL

Jump to solution

I've never used FreeRTOS on a Zynq before and I am making a simple FreeRTOS program that sends out data via UDP using lwip.

When I start the FreeRTOS program using Xilinx SDK 2017.2 using the TCF Launch on Hardware action, it runs fine and I see my data go out to a remote program on a PC and also get logged by Wireshark.

However when I go to burn a bin file with a FSBL, bitstream, and the FreeRTOS program, to my board I don't get the same result as above. The FreeRTOS program says it is running but, I do not see anything in my Wireshark capture or any Ethernet activity on the port in windows task manager.

I have my bif file configured as follows:

the_ROM_image:
{
    [bootloader]fsbl.elf
    design_1_wrapper.bit
    rtos_streamer.elf
}

The FSBL is just the standard one that you can have Xilinx SDK generate, and the FSBL starts fine.

Is there a reason why a FreeRTOS program would do this? Is there any additional settings or functions I need to call when the FreeRTOS program starts running?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out. The FreeRTOS heap size needed to be increased.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

I figured it out. The FreeRTOS heap size needed to be increased.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

hello i am a new user with freertos. could you tell me how to burn flash with freertos? thanks a lot .

0 Kudos