Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

HDMI output on Zynq

Hello,

I am having one confusion. For displaying HDMI output, do we need the AXIS to Video Out IP core alone for driving ADV7511 by mentioning the constraints or should we use it along with the IP core provided by Analog Devices.

Thanks!

Amrut

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

My setup is attached in the system where I am trying to drive the display. I used xapp 897 for reference, the application is running and able to initialize the cores, but I am unable to get an ouput on the screen.The monitor I am using is also 1080 capable. Thanks for any input or help.

Amut

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Also I am using Zynq ZC7020 Evaluation Kit as the hardware platform
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You don't need the AXI Stream to Video Out core to use the ADV7511. You do  need it if you want to use it with the rest of Xilinx IP which are AXI Stream protocol on the interfaces.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks bwiec,

I investigated AXIS to Video Out IP core and to run a demo application, I thought of using XAPP1205 for reference. I modified the design and the application with a single VDMA core. But still I am not getting the HDMI output.

When I am trying to consider the AXI Perf Moniter core output I found I am not getting any VDMA data traffic ie when I do the benchmark test I dont get any VDMA Tx/Rx traffic.

I am attaching my design.

Could you suggest where I could be going wrong

Thanks for your help! :)

Amrut 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I have also kept the boot mode in cascaded jtag mode and ensured all the switch setting before attempting the demo.

0 Kudos