cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

How to prevent "cannot stop microblaze. microblaze is held in reset" error for ZCU104

Jump to solution

I am trying to implement a simple "Hello world" application in Vivado 2018.3 SDK for the target device ZCU104 using block design and Micorblaze. I have done the same and similar projects several times for other boards like Zybo. However, I am always getting "RESET" problem with ZCU104, I am using R24 pin as custom clock and in constraint file to implement a signle-ended clock with 33.33 MHZ frequnecy in the Clock Wizard. I have removed any reset in the Clock Wiazrd for simplicity. I have tried both of using a constant of HIGH to drive the LOW ACTIVE ext_reset in the Reset Processor System, when it did not work out, I tried using DIP switch to control ext_reset. But always the same error after programing FPGA and running debug in SDK "cannot stop microblaze. microblaze is held in reset", when I try to connect the HIGH ACTIVE RESET of Mircorblaze  directly to a HIGH constant, that error does not come out, However, nothing in printed in the console! 
I am sure that my 33 MHZ clock DIP switches working fine by writing a positive-edge checking code with a LED output and reset button. 

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer
Observer

I could solve this problem finally by changing the source clock from :

U182.44 PS_REF_CLK LVCMOS18(1) R24  to 300_MHZ differential clock defined by the board interface in Vivado. What I could not understand, I am pretty sure that PS_REF does work, but is it's frequency not competibale with Microblaze? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer
Observer

I could solve this problem finally by changing the source clock from :

U182.44 PS_REF_CLK LVCMOS18(1) R24  to 300_MHZ differential clock defined by the board interface in Vivado. What I could not understand, I am pretty sure that PS_REF does work, but is it's frequency not competibale with Microblaze? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos