Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

How to use FIFO with Custom IP

Jump to solution

i want to use FIFO in between AXI interconnect and my Custom IP

I was trying to add AXI DATA FIFO, AXI FIFO Generator in between AXI Interconnect and my Custom IP in PL. There was no effect of it. Even I tried to add FIFO in beteen ZYNQ PS and AXI interconnect. I am not getting how to use a fifo. Please help me with FIFO.

thanks

vivado block diagram.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

You can enable the data fifos on the interfaces itself in AXI interconnect settings. If you need to add FIFO for a loopback, you can check this tutorial.

http://www.fpgadeveloper.com/2014/08/using-the-axi-dma-in-vivado.html

Regards

Sikta

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

is there any specific reason to keep a fifo in between the GP interface and the interconnect?

I am trying to understand the use-case here.

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

You can enable the data fifos on the interfaces itself in AXI interconnect settings. If you need to add FIFO for a loopback, you can check this tutorial.

http://www.fpgadeveloper.com/2014/08/using-the-axi-dma-in-vivado.html

Regards

Sikta

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, I am sendinf 14 frames back to back to  my custom IP. IF i write these 14 frames simply, then it skips some frames if i add delay its behaviour is inconsistant, it may skip any frame it may repeate any frame.

so I want FIFO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@siktap

I enabeld those FIFO inside interconnect but I didn't found it effective. I have refered the tutorial that you metioned but I cannot use those FIFO with custom IP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Is there any other method for implementing fifo in PL Part.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos