Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

How to write the 'ucf' for MCB_DDR2 and ethernetlite without bsp in sp601

Hello, everyone.

Thaks for your attention.

Iam doing the lwip applications, which use the IP cores of MCB_DDR2, xps_ethernetlite, microblaze and so on.  The project in "ar36054_sp601" runs well, which provides a very good guide to cumstomer design of lwip. And then i created my project useing sp601 bsp in BSB for the applications in ar36054_sp601, the new project works well also.

But when i changed to use totally customer board design in BSB without bsp, which aims to do the same application in ar36054_sp601, the ucf problem happened. I added the locations required in ucf ,and modified the mhs followed by the ar36054_sp601, but the TestApp_memory and TestApp_Peripheral applications can't work, no output in rs232 (setted to the stdout of microblaze in software platform setting). Neither did the lwip test work in sdk based on the hw platform.

my ucf writtened as the attachments:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I considered if the timing in ucf is the reason why this hw platform can't work, so i copyed the corresponding ucfs in bsp to my customer ucf, the two ucfs are located in the EDK setup road :C:\Xilinx\12.3\ISE_DS\EDK\board\Xilinx\ipxact\sp601_v1_0\data\ MCB_DDR2_axi_s6_ddrx_v1_00_a.ucf

and Soft_TEMAC_axi_ethernet_v1_00_a.ucf

but the errors ocurred after i copyed them, so i try to comment the error lines, after that the compile and route passed, but no output in rs232, and  the lwip test failed again. The second ucf after adding timing is attatched in this past.

Maybe there is still some problems in my timing ,but i don't know how to modify it now.

Your any suggestion is helpful to me.

Thanks!

xiaochh wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Thaks for your attention.

Iam doing the lwip applications, which use the IP cores of MCB_DDR2, xps_ethernetlite, microblaze and so on.  The project in "ar36054_sp601" runs well, which provides a very good guide to cumstomer design of lwip. And then i created my project useing sp601 bsp in BSB for the applications in ar36054_sp601, the new project works well also.

But when i changed to use totally customer board design in BSB without bsp, which aims to do the same application in ar36054_sp601, the ucf problem happened. I added the locations required in ucf ,and modified the mhs followed by the ar36054_sp601, but the TestApp_memory and TestApp_Peripheral applications can't work, no output in rs232 (setted to the stdout of microblaze in software platform setting). Neither did the lwip test work in sdk based on the hw platform.

my ucf writtened as the attachments:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Xiaochh

You should pass the testapp_memory first to make sure the external memory is running correctly.

So, how did you generate the MCB memory related constraint?

Using MPMC flow or just copy from sp601, are you using the same MCB?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@joshualu wrote:

Xiaochh

You should pass the testapp_memory first to make sure the external memory is running correctly.

So, how did you generate the MCB memory related constraint?

Using MPMC flow or just copy from sp601, are you using the same MCB?

Yes, joshualu, thanks for your attention.

I did not pass the testapp_memory , so i doubt the external memory did not run correctly.

I configure the MPMC in the GUI in xps firstly, and then add the pin locations followed by the sp601 datasheet. Because we use the same MCB with sp601 in customer board.

Hope your attention ....

0 Kudos