cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viggsy
Observer
Observer

Interrupt not getting registered

I am using Zynq UltraScale+ ZCU102 evaluation board for my project. I want to add an interrupt to the processor sub-system. the signal in question comes from a custom IP block written in Verilog.

I ve made all the neccesary connections and the device-tree has the following modifications

clock-names =  "s00_axi_aclk","device_clk";
clocks = <0x3 0x4b 0x4b 0x0>;
compatible = "generic_uio";
interrupt-parent = <0x4>;
reg = <0x80010000 0x1000>;
interrupts = <0 110 4>;
xlnx,s00-axi-addr-width = <0x4>;
xlnx,s00-axi-data-width = <0x20>;

However, the interrupt corresponding to the above block is not getting registered  in /proc/interrupts.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks 

Vignesh

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@viggsy ,

Having a simulation model of your design might show where and why the error is occurring.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos
abhinayp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Vignesh,

I would recommend to test with a baremetal application. You will not find information as there is no support for custom IP interrupts or interrupts external to MPSoC. I see the interrupt ID as 110 in the devicetree, the interrupt IDs for the PL_PS_GROUP0_IRQ is 121:128 and PL_PS_GROUP1_IRQ is 136:143, so GIC - 32 is the interrupt IDs (i.e. PL_PS_Group0 121-32 = 89) .

Do you have more interrupts connected to GIC in your design?

Best Regards
Abhinay PS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos