Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

OV2640 on Zedboard

Jump to solution

Hi!

I'm trying to develop a video channel using the OV2640 CMOS sensor. I capture the data with an IP that takes two pixel clocks to capture a pixel. I send the data to the Video In to AXI-Stream (its clock is half of the pixel clock used for my IP to capture data), then to VDMA, Video Out and then I use the VGA to see the video.

I set the pixel clock (i'm using a clocking wizard) to 36 MHz as the datasheets says and MCLK to 24 MHz, the same here. My problem is that my video works when I bypass the DSP and sensor out directly but then the colors of the video are wrong. I want to use RGB565.

Does anyone have built a project with this sensor? I don't know if it is a register problem (i've used the software application notes and the linux setup) or a timing problem with my clocks. I load the registers in the SDK before configuring the VDMA, etc.

Thanks !

BD-OV2640.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
check this example project
https://github.com/snikrepmada/Zynq_Project
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
check this example project
https://github.com/snikrepmada/Zynq_Project
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos